This section applies to Personal Information that we collect and process when you visit the Carbon Zero Sites, and in the usual course of our business, such as in connection with our recruitment, events, sales and marketing activities or when you visit our offices. In this section, "you" and "your" refer to Visitors.
A. Information We Collect
(i) Information you provide to us on the Carbon Zero Sites or otherwise: Our Carbon Zero Sites offer various ways to contact us, such as through form submissions, email or phone, to inquire about our company and Service. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Service, take part in surveys, subscribe to marketing, apply for a role with Carbon Zero, or otherwise contact us. We may also collect Personal Information from you in person when you attend our events or trade shows, if you visit our offices (where you will be required to register as a visitor and provide us with certain information that may also be shared with our service providers) or via a phone call with one of our sales representatives. You may choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, and we may keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information we collect may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, phone number, email address and country);
- Professional information (such as your job title, institution or company);
- Nature of your communication;
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences); and
- Any information you choose to provide to us when completing any ‘free text’ boxes in our forms.
The information we collect automatically includes:
- Device information: such as your IP address, your browser, device information, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, request information (speed, frequency, the site from which you linked to us (“referring page”), the name of the website you choose to visit immediately after ours (called “exit page”), information about other websites you have recently visited and the web browser you used (software used to browse the internet) including its type and language)
- Usage data: such as information about how you interact with our emails, Carbon Zero Sites, and other websites (such as the pages and files viewed, searches, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage).
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our Carbon Zero Sites and in connection with our events and marketing activities (alone or in combination with other data we collect) for a range of reasons in reliance on our legitimate interests, including:
- To provide, operate, optimize, and maintain the Carbon Zero Sites.
- To send you marketing information, product recommendations and non-transactional communications (e.g., email, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us, in accordance with your marketing preferences, including information about our products, services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent.
- For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Carbon Zero.
- To respond to your online inquiries and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To manage the Carbon Zero Sites and system administration and security.
- To manage event registrations and attendance, including sending related communications to you.
- To register visitors to our offices for security reasons and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign.
- To improve the navigation and content of the Carbon Zero Sites.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To help us provide, improve and personalize our marketing activities.
- To facilitate the security and continued proper functioning of the Carbon Zero Sites.
- To carry out research and development to improve our Carbon Zero Sites, products and services.
- To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Carbon Zero Sites, and to provide other personalized content based on your activities and interests to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities or advertising our Service or instances where we seek your consent.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes, such as data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Carbon Zero Sites and Service, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, or responding to lawful requests.
Carbon Zero Card & Privacy
Carbon Zero Card is designed to protect your privacy and security so that you can focus on swiping your carbon footprint goodbye with peace of mind.
- Information you provide in your Carbon Zero Card application will be used by Carbon Zero and Stripe and may be shared with third-party identity verification service providers to verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- Stripe, Carbon Zero Card’s issuer, and Visa, Carbon Zero Card’s global payment network, receive your Carbon Zero Card transaction information, but do not share or sell your transaction information to third parties for marketing or advertising.
Applying for a Carbon Zero Card
When you apply for a Carbon Zero Card, your name, contact information, and device phone number may be used by Carbon Zero to verify your identity and to help prevent fraud.
If more information is needed to verify your identity, you may be asked to scan your driver’s license or state-issued photo ID.
You may also be asked to provide an estimate of your annual income to help make a decision about whether to grant you credit and the amount of credit to grant.
Your application will not be submitted for a credit decision until you accept the Carbon Zero Card terms and conditions.
Provisioning Carbon Zero Card
Information may also be provided by Carbon Zero to Stripe or Visa to enable and set up your Carbon Zero Card and to prevent fraud.
Paying with Carbon Zero Card
When you begin a payment within an app or on the web using Carbon Zero Card, to enable tax and shipping cost calculation, your zip code, postal code, or other equivalent information is provided to the app, website, or merchant. After you authorize the payment, other information requested by the merchant, such as a device-specific account number, your shipping address, or email address, is also provided.
Carbon Zero Card and Communications
Carbon Zero may use your Carbon Zero Card account status, such as whether you have applied for or have a current Carbon Zero Card account, to determine whether a message is relevant to you, including a marketing message.
Anonymous and aggregate information that cannot be tied to you may also be used for Carbon Zero marketing and other messaging.
Carbon Zero Card Support
If you have questions about your Carbon Zero Card, you can contact support through carbonzero.cc/support. Carbon Zero will use any information you share, including personal information, to process your request. If your inquiry must be sent to Stripe for servicing, Carbon Zero will share information about you and your inquiry with Stripe so that they may better help you. Carbon Zero will not retain any personally identifiable financial information that it sends to Stripe for servicing.
Closing Your Carbon Zero Card Account
If you wish to update the information associated to your Carbon Zero Card account after you have activated your card, please contact us at email@example.com.
Carbon Zero may use information that does not identify you to improve Carbon Zero products and services, for marketing, and for fraud and security purposes. Carbon Zero will not attempt to re-identify any anonymous or aggregated Carbon Zero Card data we receive.
Carbon Zero will use your information as required by law and for fraud prevention. Carbon Zero Card-related information may be used by Carbon Zero to the extent necessary and required to comply with law or valid legal process, even after you have closed your account. By using Carbon Zero Card, you agree and consent to Carbon Zero’s and its subsidiaries’ and agents’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of your information as described above.